From: rechardchen on
I'm writing a python script which runs as a windowsxp service.
The problem is how to catch the windows shutdown/reboot message and do
some cleaning job when system is going down?

The atexit module and signal module on windows dont seems to work. I
guess the python win32api may be of help, but I am not familiar with it...
Thank you
From: Tim Golden on
On 02/08/2010 02:17, rechardchen wrote:
> I'm writing a python script which runs as a windowsxp service.
> The problem is how to catch the windows shutdown/reboot message and do
> some cleaning job when system is going down?
>
> The atexit module and signal module on windows dont seems to work. I
> guess the python win32api may be of help, but I am not familiar with it...
> Thank you

Have a look at the SENS stuff:

http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/track-session-events.html

TJG
From: rechardchen on
于 2010-8-2 16:00, Tim Golden 写道:
> On 02/08/2010 02:17, rechardchen wrote:
>> I'm writing a python script which runs as a windowsxp service.
>> The problem is how to catch the windows shutdown/reboot message and do
>> some cleaning job when system is going down?
>>
>> The atexit module and signal module on windows dont seems to work. I
>> guess the python win32api may be of help, but I am not familiar with
>> it...
>> Thank you
>
> Have a look at the SENS stuff:
>
> http://timgolden.me.uk/python/win32_how_do_i/track-session-events.html
>
> TJG
Thanks, the extended handler functionality works. :)

Pages: 1
Prev: timeit function
Next: Merging two dictionaries