From: Mike Williams on
"Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>> "mp" <nospam(a)Thanks.com> wrote
>> awesome Mike, thank you. is that an undocumented
>> trick? I don't see it in the help.
>
> Its there. Read the text for 'charpos'. The exact wording is:
> "Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately
> after the last character displayed."

Ah Shucks. Couldn't you have just left him believing I was awsome, Larry?
God knows, I don't get many "awesome's" these days!

Mike

From: Rick Rothstein on
>> awesome Mike, thank you.
>> is that an undocumented trick? I don't see it in the help.
>
> Its there. Read the text for 'charpos'. The exact wording is:
> "Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately after the
> last character displayed."
>
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa266187(VS.60).aspx

I think to make your citation perfectly clear, you should couple it with the
last line in the same section you cited...

"charpos
-------------------
Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately after
the last character displayed.
If charpos is omitted, the next character is printed on the next line."

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

From: mp on

"Rick Rothstein" <rick.newsNO.SPAM(a)NO.SPAMverizon.net> wrote in message
>>> awesome Mike, thank you.
>>> is that an undocumented trick? I don't see it in the help.
>>
>> Its there. Read the text for 'charpos'. The exact wording is:
>> "Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately after the
>> last character displayed."
>>
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa266187(VS.60).aspx
>
> I think to make your citation perfectly clear, you should couple it with
> the last line in the same section you cited...
>
> "charpos
> -------------------
> Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately after
> the last character displayed.
> If charpos is omitted, the next character is printed on the next line."
>
> --
> Rick (MVP - Excel)

I re-read that and now i see what it's saying, initially i never really
noticed that section or paid much attention to it
i have a bad habit of being oblivious to whatever is not of immediate value
to my petty littel personal interests of the moment. :-)

From: GS on
Mike Williams explained :
> "Larry Serflaten" <serflaten(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> "mp" <nospam(a)Thanks.com> wrote
>>> awesome Mike, thank you. is that an undocumented
>>> trick? I don't see it in the help.
>>
>> Its there. Read the text for 'charpos'. The exact wording is:
>> "Use a semicolon to position the insertion point immediately
>> after the last character displayed."
>
> Ah Shucks. Couldn't you have just left him believing I was awsome, Larry? God
> knows, I don't get many "awesome's" these days!
>
> Mike

Well Mike, I've been using a workaround that deletes the trailing line
because I didn't catch the inference about the semicolon in the help.
Now I think you're 'awesome' for bringing that to light! Thanks!

--
Garry