From: Eric on
I would like to close existing file and go hibernate, but once this file is
closed, the command hibernate cannot be run. On the other way, I run the
hibernate, which work, but the file cannot be closed.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to close file and hibernate XP?
My PC is XP with SP3 and using office 2003
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

Workbooks("Update Up.xls").Close savechanges:=True
hibernate

Public Sub hibernate()
'ShutDownHibernate
'Go into hibernate, force it, but don't disable wake events
SetSuspendState 1, 1, 0
End Sub

From: Bob I on
Perhaps run a CMD file listing what should be done afer save changes is
complete containing

Kill EXCEL
Hibernate.

From: Billns on
On 4/30/2010 1:32 PM, Eric wrote:
> I would like to close existing file and go hibernate, but once this file is
> closed, the command hibernate cannot be run. On the other way, I run the
> hibernate, which work, but the file cannot be closed.
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to close file and hibernate XP?
> My PC is XP with SP3 and using office 2003
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> Workbooks("Update Up.xls").Close savechanges:=True
> hibernate
>
> Public Sub hibernate()
> 'ShutDownHibernate
> 'Go into hibernate, force it, but don't disable wake events
> SetSuspendState 1, 1, 0
> End Sub

Looks like your macro won't finish once you close Excel.

There's a shortcut sequence that will put your machine into hibernate:
Start key - u - shift-h

The start key brings up Windows start menu, u selects "Turn off
computer" and shift-h puts you into hibernate.

Bill