From: aspfun via SQLMonster.com on
In myapp, I can create two datasets: [dstServer1] and [dstServer2]. They are
coming from two tables which are in two different SQL server:
[Order1] (in server1) and [Order2] (in server2).
These two tables have the same data structure.
How to code to compare two dataset and then insert difference into another
table without using linked server?

From: Uri Dimant on
VB.NET/C# do not have such possibility? Loop thru the sets and compare them
on the client

From: TheSQLGuru on
ApexSQL Data Diff

Disclaimer: I have a close relationship with Apex, use their products and
recommend them to my clients. Also, if you care to you can mention
TheSQLGuru sent you you will get a discount and my daughter will get a few
coins for her college fund.

--
Kevin G. Boles
Indicium Resources, Inc.

From: Erland Sommarskog on
aspfun via SQLMonster.com (u53138(a)uwe) writes:
> In myapp, I can create two datasets: [dstServer1] and [dstServer2]. They
> are coming from two tables which are in two different SQL server:
> [Order1] (in server1) and [Order2] (in server2).
> These two tables have the same data structure.
> How to code to compare two dataset and then insert difference into another
> table without using linked server?

That sounds like a basic ADO .Net exercise, for which you probably will
get better help in C#/VB forum. That is, you would do the comparison in
the client and then update the tables when you are done.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

From: aspfun via SQLMonster.com on
Erland Sommarskog wrote:
>> In myapp, I can create two datasets: [dstServer1] and [dstServer2]. They
>> are coming from two tables which are in two different SQL server:
>> [Order1] (in server1) and [Order2] (in server2).
>> These two tables have the same data structure.
>> How to code to compare two dataset and then insert difference into another
>> table without using linked server?
>
>That sounds like a basic ADO .Net exercise, for which you probably will
>get better help in C#/VB forum. That is, you would do the comparison in
>the client and then update the tables when you are done.

I used sqlBulkCopy to make it done.