From: AllenM on
Hi Kevin,
Hopefully you are still watching this post. I got one more stupid question
for you if you don't mind. How do I know if I am running SQL 2005 Standard
or SQL 2005 Express? Or can it even just be the Workroup version.
On my SBS 2008 Server by defualt it is running WSS 3.0 for my comapnyweb. I
know I never installed any versions of SQL but do know that it probably
installed the embedded native version.
When I look in Programs Features I see this......

Microsoft SQL Server Managment Studio Express
Microsoft SQL Server Native Client
Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files (English)
Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer

Can you tell me what version and or edition of SQL I am running? Thanks.

From: TheSQLGuru on
See here in BOL for SERVERPROPERTY function:
ms-help://MS.SQLCC.v9/MS.SQLSVR.v9.en/tsqlref9/html/11e166fa-3dd2-42d8-ac4b-04f18c612c4a.htm

From: AllenM on
Thanks. I've already accomplished what it was I was needing to do. I
appreciate you taking the time to provide your input and comments.

From: TheSQLGuru on
Ahh, I see now the large date gap! Sorry - went on vacation! Glad you got
your problems resolved!