From: FSt1 on
hi
if the data is text, i doubt there is a way to remove the single quote.
excel put it that as part of it's way of justifing the data.
a single quote(') means the data is left justified.
a caret(^) means the data is center justified.
a double quote(") means the data is right justified.

these mark do not show in the cell when typed alone. you have to type them
with one of the other Justification mark in order to get them to show in the
cell.

to illistrate, in the format dialog, change the cell's justifcation from
left to centered in the cell. you will see that the single quote change to a
caret.

no way to remove with text. it's an excel thing.

regards
FSt1