From: soup_or_power on

On May 27, 4:10 pm, ibupro...(a)painkiller.example.tld (Moe Trin) wrote:
> On Tue, 27 May 2008, in the Usenet newsgroup comp.os.linux.networking, in
> article <68bfa1c5-2809-469a-907b-e237f86d6...(a)p25g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>
> soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com wrote:
>
> NOTE: Posting from groups.google.com (or some web-forums) dramatically
> reduces the chance of your post being seen.  Find a real news server.
>

> > <soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:

> And the exact error message is...
>
> >> Here is ARP table on .35
>
> Try using the '/sbin/arp -an' command.
>
> >> [root(a)npaxwebprod0Btmp]# more /proc/net/arp
>
> An Intel (.1) and two kinds of Dell
>
> >> Here is the ARP table on .46
>
> That says .35 can see .46 and vice versa. Problem isn't at this level
> Not used to this output, but find it unusual to see one's own MAC in
> the ARP cache. This NORMALLY does not occur, because when "talking" to
> oneself, one would use the Loopback interface which has no MAC. Look
> at the output of '/sbin/ifconfig -a' and pay attention to the Transmit
> and Receive counts.  Use the command 'ping -c1 some.other.host' and
> look again at the ifconfig output - the counts for the eth0 interface
> should have incremented, showing the packets went out and back on that
> interface. Then repeat, but ping one's own IP address. The counts for
> the eth0 interface should only reflect any _other_ external traffic,
> while the pings show up as increments in the 'lo' line.
>
> >> Here is the output of iptables -L on .35
>
> OK - essentially no firewall
>
> >> Here is the output of iptables -L on .46
>
> More complicated, but looks OK
>
> >I can't ping .21 from .46. From .21 to .46 the ping works fine. I can
> >also ping .105, .100, .101, .102 from .46.
>
> What is the exact command used to ping. What is the exact error message.
>
> >Gets weirder.
>
> Does .46 have a packet sniffer installed (tcpdump, ethereal, wireshark
> or similar)?
>
>         Old guy- Hide quoted text -

Hi Moe Trin

My employer is disciplining me regarding posting company data.

Could you kindly remove the following posts where you quoted my
message?

slrng3m7v3.e2t.ibuprofin(a)compton.phx.az.us
slrng3oqlu.8gl.ibuprofin(a)compton.phx.az.us
slrng3jvb1.org.ibuprofin(a)compton.phx.az.us

The following URL will enable you to remove the posts:

http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove

Many thanks for your help

From: david on
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:45:47 -0700, soup_or_power(a)yahoo.com rearranged
some electrons to say:

> My employer is disciplining me regarding posting company data.
>
> Could you kindly remove the following posts where you quoted my message?
>
> The following URL will enable you to remove the posts:
>

> http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove

Google Groups is just one of thousands of servers that contain your posts.
If your boss is as clueless as you are, maybe he won't fire you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet

From: soup_or_power on

On Jul 25, 7:53 am, david <n...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:45:47 -0700, soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com rearranged
> some electrons to say:
>
> > My employer is disciplining me regarding posting company data.
>
> > Could you kindly remove the following posts where you quoted my message?
>
> > The following URL will enable you to remove the posts:
>
> >http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove
>
> Google Groups is just one of thousands of servers that contain your posts..
>  If your boss is as clueless as you are, maybe he won't fire you.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
Hi David

I am not disputing your assertion. Kindly remove your message in this
thread as my company will only search google
with my id and also use the google search. AFAIK there are no matches
to my message outside the google
archives.

Your message id is

g6cesg$mt3$1(a)aioe.org

The URL http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove

Kindly understand my predicament and don't make my life more miserable
than it already is

Many thanks
From: david on
On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:59:49 -0700, soup_or_power(a)yahoo.com rearranged
some electrons to say:

> On Jul 25, 7:53 am, david <n...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:45:47 -0700, soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com rearranged
>> some electrons to say:
>>
>> > My employer is disciplining me regarding posting company data.
>>
>> > Could you kindly remove the following posts where you quoted my
>> > message?
>>
>> > The following URL will enable you to remove the posts:
>>
>> >http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove
>>
>> Google Groups is just one of thousands of servers that contain your
>> posts.
>>  If your boss is as clueless as you are, maybe he won't fire you.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
> Hi David
>
> I am not disputing your assertion. Kindly remove your message in this
> thread as my company will only search google with my id and also use the
> google search. AFAIK there are no matches to my message outside the
> google
> archives.
>
> Your message id is
>
> g6cesg$mt3$1(a)aioe.org
>
> The URL http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove
>
> Kindly understand my predicament and don't make my life more miserable
> than it already is
>
> Many thanks

You don't understand Usenet, do you? Your messages are archived on
thousands of servers. As you can already see, since I am not posting
from Google Groups, your request has no meaning. If your employer is as
clueless as you are, they won't know enough to fire you.

From: soup_or_power on

On Jul 25, 8:08 am, david <n...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:59:49 -0700, soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com rearranged
> some electrons to say:

> > On Jul 25, 7:53 am, david <n...(a)nospam.com> wrote:
> >> On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 04:45:47 -0700, soup_or_po...(a)yahoo.com rearranged
> >> some electrons to say:

> >> Google Groups is just one of thousands of servers that contain your
> >> posts.
> >>  If your boss is as clueless as you are, maybe he won't fire you.
>
> >>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
> > Hi David
>
> > I am not disputing your assertion. Kindly remove your message in this
> > thread as my company will only search google with my id and also use the
> > google search. AFAIK there are no matches to my message outside the
> > google
> > archives.
>
> > Your message id is
>
> > g6cesg$mt...(a)aioe.org
>
> > The URLhttp://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove
>
> > Kindly understand my predicament and don't make my life more miserable
> > than it already is
>
> > Many thanks
>
> You don't understand Usenet, do you?  Your messages are archived on
> thousands of servers.   As you can already see, since I am not posting
> from Google Groups, your request has no meaning.  If your employer is as
> clueless as you are, they won't know enough to fire you.- Hide quoted text -

Hi David

I am not disputing you. I have been posting on Usenet for 20 years
now. There are several archival sites as you said.
The NNTP can propagate the request to delete the message. I think
Google supports that. Also when the message
is archived on tape/DVD/disk there is no way to access it online.
Kindly understand my predicament
and remove your messages in this thread.

Thanks

http://groups.google.com/groups/msgs_remove

Pages: 1
Prev: Dynamic DNS