From: Amol Lembhe on
May be you can add first step in existing job for deleting old .txt files
using xp
-cmdshell

From: hayko98 on
On Aug 13, 12:04 am, Amol Lembhe
<AmolLem...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> May be you can add first step in existing job for deleting old .txt files
> using xp
> -cmdshell
>

> "hayko98" wrote:
> > On Aug 12, 10:06 am, hayko98 <vardan.hakop...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Hi All,
> > > We have SQL 2005 and would like to automate deletion of .txt files
> > > from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\LOG folder. We
> > > have Maintenance plan running which  creates .txt files.
> > > Any suggestions/ideas?
>
> > > Thanks IA
>
> > Or on job step ask sql to just quit(on success, without reporting)

OK,I created new maintenance plan (Maintenance Cleanup Task)that
deletes .txt files from \Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.
1\MSSQL\LOG folder.
It was a lot easier than i thought.

Thank You