From: Ivan Shmakov on

[...]

> I also had some difficulty getting a backtick ` in a filename.
> Perhaps I need to try a better escape.

That's strange, as it should work with both single-quotes ('')
and backslash (\), e. g.:

$ mkdir strange\`
$ echo *strange*
strange`
$

[...]

--
FSF associate member #7257
From: jellybean stonerfish on
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 12:13:49 +0600, Ivan Shmakov wrote:

> [...]
>
> > I also had some difficulty getting a backtick ` in a filename.
> > Perhaps I need to try a better escape.
>
> That's strange, as it should work with both single-quotes ('') and
> backslash (\), e. g.:
>
> $ mkdir strange\`
> $ echo *strange*
> strange`
> $
>
> [...]

That is strange. It works here too. My other post with the
multiple rename examples was a blundering mess.

touch $'\tstrange\n\tfile\n\t\bname'

Is cleaner.