From: mavrick_101 on
Hi,

I'm trying to change collation on a column but I get an error that there is
an index on this column.

How can I get details about the index, so that I may drop it and recreate
after the collation change.

Thanks.
From: Bob Barrows on
mavrick_101 wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to change collation on a column but I get an error that
> there is an index on this column.
>
> How can I get details about the index, so that I may drop it and
> recreate after the collation change.
>
> Thanks.
exec sp_helpindex 'tablename'
--
HTH,
Bob Barrows

From: Uri Dimant on
Take a look into
sys.indexes

sys.objects

From: jgurgul on
Hi,

SELECT * FROM sys.indexes
WHERE OBJECT_NAME(object_id) = 'sysdiagrams'

or

EXEC sp_help sysdiagrams

Jon

From: Tibor Karaszi on
I use below. Beware that sp_helpindex doesn't tell you about included
columns...

http://www.karaszi.com/SQLServer/util_sp_indexinfo.asp

--
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP