From: Karl E. Peterson on
Bu wrote:

> Allthoug my program will be used in a small group i changed my program
> based on Mike's suggestion.
> Everybody thanks on your comments
> Bu

ALWAYS(!) use the code that you have the most control over.

NEVER(!) introduce unnecessary dependencies.
--
..NET: It's About Trust!
http://vfred.mvps.org

From: Eduardo on
mayayana escribi�:

> On top of that, WMI is slow, bloated, and really
> provides little of interest other than system info.
> It has Windows Installer functions that are just an
> inferior wrapper around existing WI APIs. It has
> Registry functions that are poorly designed and
> superfluous if you have the Registry API. Etc.

I agree. But in a program I had to use it because I didn't find how to
do something with API.
I needed to find if an exe is running in other users sessions (other
than the CU). And I wanted the username of who's running the process.

The code that I had to use is (main part):

Dim iProcess As Object
Dim iProcesses As Object
Dim iUser
Dim iDomain

Set iProcesses = GetObject("winmgmts:") _
.ExecQuery("SELECT ExecutablePath, " & _
"ProcessId from win32_process")

For Each iProcess In iProcesses
iProcess.GetOwner iUser, iDomain
Debug.Print iUser