From: Lucky Nl on
Hi,
I need to implement fork concept in my application.
I want to do the task1 and task2 at a time. need to start task1 and and
task2
at a time but task1 will complete within seconds .but task2 will will
take time,it's the long run process.so want to do this seperate
process this will not interupt other process.
So how can we implement fork in ruby

From: Peter Hickman on

What appears to be the problem with the existing implementation of fork?

From: Matthew Bloch on
On Thu, 2010-06-10 at 17:59 +0900, Lucky Nl wrote:
> Hi,
> I need to implement fork concept in my application.
> I want to do the task1 and task2 at a time. need to start task1 and and
> task2
> at a time but task1 will complete within seconds .but task2 will will
> take time,it's the long run process.so want to do this seperate
> process this will not interupt other process.
> So how can we implement fork in ruby

I think you probably want to look at threading if your background job is
written in Ruby, or IO.popen if it's not. You can still do

pid = fork {
... stuff ..
}

in Ruby, but it's probably more complicated than you need. What is the
background job you want to monitor / control?

--
Matthew

Pages: 1
Prev: Why private #binding?