From: Raja on
Is there any way to make Linux network stack to include VLAN tag in
mac header?
thanks
--Raja
From: Aijaz Baig on
On May 21, 3:40 am, Raja <rkomm...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to make Linux network stack to include VLAN tag in
> mac header?
> thanks
> --Raja

Hello there,

I didnt quite understood what u meant there. But if u want to send a
tagged packet then U have to make sure u have a vlan interface on the
machine from which u want to send a packet. Thus if u have eth0 then
first 'tag' this interface with a vlan ID like so in linux:

vconfig addif eth0 'any permissible vlan ID'

then u will see an additional interface like so: eth0.'vlan_ID'

they lets say you want to send a tagged packet, for that matter u are
trying to send an arp request for which the packets shd be tagged.

u do this like so:

arp -I eth0.'vlan ID' destination-address-u-want-to-arp.

Hope this helps.
From: Marc Haber on
Raja <rkommula(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>Is there any way to make Linux network stack to include VLAN tag in
>mac header?

man vconfig

Greetings
Marc
Marc Haber | " Questions are the | Mailadresse im Header
Mannheim, Germany | Beginning of Wisdom " | http://www.zugschlus.de/
From: Raja Kommula on
Thanks for your help. It works.
--Raja