From: JB on
Hello Community

I developed a web site using ASP.Net, C# and Sql Server.
I used Windows Installer to deploy the application.
Under virtual directory tab in IIS it states:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NetAppl\

The applications runs but the reports don't work now that the application is
running on IIS.

Below is how I call the reports:
ReportDocument apReport = new ReportDocument();

string reportPath = Server.MapPath("~/appStart / rptFolder
/rptOne.rpt");

apReport.Load(reportPath);

apRptJob.ObjRptJob(apReport);

apReport.SetDataSource(apJob);

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = apReport;

CrystalReportViewer1.Visible = true;

Now when I run the reports below is the error message that it creates:
Server Error in '/ NetAppl ' Application.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The system
cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80004005): The system cannot find the file specified.
]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0
CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object&
DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +95

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +271

[CrystalReportsException: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +334
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String
filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +894
CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String
filename) +84
appHead.appStart.rptFolder.rptReporter.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs
e) +1441
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
Object t, EventArgs e) +14
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
EventArgs e) +35
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053

This error came after a lot of work because at first the error was stating
that it could not find the file. In fact I am having difficulty with the
syntax to point to the rpt files on the virtual directory.

What can I do to make my Crystal Reports run?

Thanks
Jeff

--
JB

From: gerry on
did you verify that reportPath contains the proper value and that the file
exists and that permissions are correct ?
It may just be the way it posted but it looks like there are a number of
spaces in there : "~/appStart^/^rptFolder/rptOne.rpt"

From: JB on

--
JB

"gerry" wrote:

> [...]
> > EventArgs
> > e) +1441
> > System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o,
> > Object t, EventArgs e) +14
> > System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender,
> > EventArgs e) +35
> > System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
> > System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
> > System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean
> > includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

> > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3053;
> > ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3053
> >
> > This error came after a lot of work because at first the error was stating
> > that it could not find the file. In fact I am having difficulty with the
> > syntax to point to the rpt files on the virtual directory.
> >
> > What can I do to make my Crystal Reports run?

Hello Jerry

Thanks for your response. I would like to clarify the question:

Lets say the location of the Crystal Report file on the file system
c:\DotNetAppl\NetAppl\rptFolder\Report1.rpt

However the virtual direcory is \Inetpub\wwwroot\NetAppl\rptFolder\

How can I point reportPath to
c:\DotNetAppl\NetAppl\rptFolder\Report1.rpt ?

Thnaks
Jeff

From: JB on

--
JB

From: gerry on
since ths is outside of your web app you either hard code it just like
that - "c:\DotNetAppl\NetAppl\rptFolder\Report1.rpt"
or stick the folder path in your web.config and pull it from there

personally I would put these reports within your web app so that your
current code works as-is.
that way your site is self contained and can run on any server without any
special permissions or 3rd party intervention - there is not much ( zero ? )
chance you will be able to do this through a hoster.