From: JB on
Hello Community

Using ASP.NET and C# with Sql Server in the back end I have a GridView that
uses Row_DataBound event on a web page. When one of the columns contains a
letter in the database such as “N” or “Y” that column in the GridView shows
“No” or “Yes” using Row_DataBound.

This works fine initially but after modifying a row in the database the “N”
or “Y” doesn't show the “No” or “Yes” in the GridView when the page comes
back but instead still shows the “N” or “Y” in the GridView that is
literally in the database until I add another record, then it will go back to
showing the “No” or “Yes” in the GridView as directed by the Row_DataBound
event when the page show again.

Is there a way to make the Row_DataBound event always show “No” or “Yes” in
the GridView for the N” or “Y” that is in the database column ?

When does this GridView actually respond to actions on the web page?

Below is a similar to the Row_DataBound event :

protected void grid1_RowDataBound(object sender, GridViewRowEventArgs e)
{
int inRow = grid1.Rows.Count;
if (ddlPipes.SelectedIndex < 1)
{
return;
}
if (grid1.Rows.Count == 0)
{
return;
}
GridViewRow gRow
gRow = e.Row;
if (gRow.RowType == DataControlRowType.DataRow)
gRow.Cells[4].Text = grid1.Cells[4].Text.Equals("Y") ? "Yes" : "No";
}

Thanks
Jeff

--