From: rock on
Hi,

I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be Read.

I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it just
goes back to Read Only again.

How can I make it stick to Read

Thanks

rock
From: John John - MVP on
rock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be Read.
>
> I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it just
> goes back to Read Only again.
>
> How can I make it stick to Read

??? If it's "Read Only" then it can be read... what's the problem?

In any case, the Read Only setting that you see in the folder's
Properties sheet is meaningless, Windows and other programs typically
ignore this setting. If you want you can use the ATTRIB command to
remove the Read Only attribute, see here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326549
You cannot view or change the Read-only or the System attributes of
folders in Windows Server 2003, in Windows XP, in Windows Vista or in
Windows 7

John
From: HeyBub on
rock wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using wamp with XP and need to give permission so a dir can be
> Read.
> I have tried to unclick the Read Only option in Properties, but it
> just goes back to Read Only again.
>
> How can I make it stick to Read

You can't.

You can, however, ignore whatever it says since that's what the system does.