From: Josh Cheek on

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 6:08 AM, Fritz Trapper <ajfrenzel(a)web.de> wrote:

> Thanks for your quick replies.
>
> I see, my scenario is somewhat more complicated, than I wrote in my
> initial posting. The point is, that I want to pass an object and a
> method.
>
> Something like this:
>
> def executer(obj, method)
> f.method(1)
> end
>
> class x
> def test(x)
> p x
> end
> end
>
> o = x.new
> executer(o, test)

def executer(obj, method)
obj.send method , 1
end

class X
def test(x)
p x
end
end

o = X.new
executer( o , :test )

From: Fritz Trapper on
Thanks for your help. I got it and it works fine.

Another question:
Is there some ruby reference on the web, something like
http://api.rubyonrails.org/ for example?

From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Fritz Trapper <ajfrenzel(a)web.de> wrote:
> Thanks for your help. I got it and it works fine.
>
> Another question:
> Is there some ruby reference on the web, something like
> http://api.rubyonrails.org/ for example?

http://ruby-doc.org/

Jesus.

From: Fritz Trapper on
Jesús Gabriel y Galán wrote:
> http://ruby-doc.org/

Thanks a lot.

From: Albert Schlef on
Marnen Laibow-Koser wrote:
> Fritz Trapper wrote:
>> I see, my scenario is somewhat more complicated, than I wrote in my
>> initial posting. The point is, that I want to pass an object and a
>> method.
>>
>> Something like this:
>>
>> def executer(obj, method)
>> f.method(1)
>> end
>>
>> class x
>> def test(x)
>> p x
>> end
>> end
>>
>> o = x.new
>> executer(o, test)

Then you can use instance_method(), which is like method() except it
returns an *unbound* method:

def executer(obj, unbound_method)
unbound_method.bind(obj).call(1234)
end