From: Mr. Arnold on
Jay wrote:
> I have the following code in BookList.aspx:
>
> <form id="form1" runat="server">
>
> <asp:GridView ID="GridView1" runat="server"
> AutoGenerateColumns="False"
> DataSourceID="LibSysDataSource" AllowPaging="True">
> <Columns>
> <asp:BoundField DataField="AccessionNo"
> HeaderText="Accession No" />
> <asp:BoundField DataField="Title" HeaderText="Title"
> SortExpression="Title" />
> <asp:BoundField DataField="Author" HeaderText="Author"
> SortExpression="Author1LN" />
> </Columns>
> </asp:GridView>
> <asp:AccessDataSource ID="LibSysDataSource" runat="server"
> DataFile="~/App_Data/Library System BE.mdb"
> SelectCommand="SELECT * FROM [Books by Volume] WHERE ([Title]
> LIKE '%' + @Title + '%')">
> <SelectParameters>
> <asp:ControlParameter ControlID="TextBox1"
> DefaultValue="%" Name="Title" PropertyName="Text"
> Type="String" />
> </SelectParameters>
> </asp:AccessDataSource>
> <asp:TextBox ID="TextBox1" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
> </form>
>
> I can filter the gridview using the TextBox1 within this form. But I
> want to pass the value from Search.aspx to BookList.aspx.
>
> Anyone know how to do this?

You can also to this using a javascript function on the client-side
event without having to go to the server-side code behind file.

<script type="text/javascript">
<!--
window.location = "http://www.google.com/"
//-->
</script>

The other line needed would be to find the ID of the Textbox to get the
string using a GetElementByID.

"BookList.aspx?somvalue=" + value