From: Nathan Rixham on
Deva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> If I do refresh after submission of a form, records are getting stored
> multiple times.
> I have two pages. /submission-form/ and /thank-you/
> I was trying header('Location: /thank-you/'); on submission-form page after
> successful validation and insertion into db. Still if I do refresh on
> thank-you page it adds one more record in database.
> How to prevent it without token?

if you use POST for the form then the user agent should pop up a nice
"do you want to send the data again" type dialogue box.

if you add a unique key over a few of the columns then this will prevent
duplicates at the table level (regardless of the scenario).

to handle POST data, well no point me repeating it, see the spec:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-httpbis-p2-semantics-09#section-7.5

Best,

Nathan