From: Thomasss on
Hey everyone.

I need to make af program for our school, where we are going to play bingo.
How do I get excel to do the following;

Lets say a player has the following numbers;
Line 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Line 2: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Line 3: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

Then we play for 1 line, then 2 lines, and the full board. Then I want excel
to tell med how many players, that have how many numbers, or just the one
with the most numbers. Example: if we draw number 1, 2 and 8, then I want
excel to tell med that there is a player that has 2 numbers in one line. And
when we play for the full board, I want it to tell me when someone has bingo,
all 15 numbers. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help i appriciatet.

Thomas
From: Bob Phillips on
Thomas,

Will all of the players have linked laptops and be able to see the numbers
as drawn, or will this all be managed in a single workbook.

The basic solution seems simple, for example counting how many numbers match
in a line (assuming you have a list of drawn numbers somewhere), tow lines,
3 lines and so on, but how you capture the results and playing cards would
help.

--

HTH

Bob

From: Martin Brown on
Thomasss wrote:
> Hey everyone.
>
> I need to make af program for our school, where we are going to play bingo.
> How do I get excel to do the following;
>
> Lets say a player has the following numbers;
> Line 1: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
> Line 2: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
> Line 3: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
>
> Then we play for 1 line, then 2 lines, and the full board. Then I want excel
> to tell med how many players, that have how many numbers, or just the one
> with the most numbers. Example: if we draw number 1, 2 and 8, then I want
> excel to tell med that there is a player that has 2 numbers in one line. And
> when we play for the full board, I want it to tell me when someone has bingo,
> all 15 numbers. Does anyone know how to do this? Any help i appriciatet.

You seem to have the idea of bingo almost backwards. The bingo cards are
designed by construction so that on average most people will be close to
a full house before anyone ever shouts bingo. And you can generally rely
on the players to shout out when they think they have won. It is more
important to be able to check that they have not made a mistake.

Designing bingo cards so that almost everyone thinks they have nearly
won the game is actually an interesting problem.

To do what you want the computer will need to know the numbers on every
bingo card that is in play and also all the numbers drawn so far. It
could be programmed easily enough by iterating through for matches.

I don't think Excel is the ideal tool for this job.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Pages: 1
Prev: File Attributes Function