From: Camille Petersen on
I would like to protect a certain web page by a password (one password for all visitors).
The protection need not to be on military level.
Think of a private photo gallery.

It should be however simple to setup without access and configuration of web server.

As far as I remember I have seen such a protection some years ago with javascript.

When user call this web page a javascript pops up and prompts for a password. The user enters a password
which is converted to hashcode and compared with a predefind built-in hash-code.

Does someone have a sample code for this?

or an alternative simple solution?

Camille