From: Lew Schwartz on
This is an addition to my other questions. In order for me to automate my
processes, it's important for excel not to do anything that might put it
into a wait state. So far I've dealt with the following:

AutomationSecurity on high (3) to disable macros
DisplayAlerts to false Prevents modal dialogs (does excel have non-modal
dialogs?)
AskToUpdateLinks = false Don't query to pull in data from the internet.

Is there anything else that should be on this list?

-Lew

From: NickHK on
Lew,
Depending what you are trying to achieve, there's also :
Application.IgnoreRemoteRequests
Application.Interactive

They have repercussions, so check the help first.

And use plenty of error trapping I would guess.

NickHK

"Lew Schwartz" <lschwartz(a)sionline.com> ???g??l??s?D:%23Sq4Nw66GHA.2288(a)TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

From: Lew Schwartz on
Thanks, Nick:
I hope that about does it. Would you know if there's any similar stuff
that might come into play on the wb or ss level, even if AutomationSecurity
is high and DisplayAlerts is off?
TIA
-Lew

From: Lew Schwartz on
Does AutomationSecurity = high supersede EnableEvents? ie if excel has a ss
open with event code that fires when I change wb and/or ss, will my
AutomationSecurity = 3 prevent the event code or must I (dis)EnableEvents as
well?
-Lew