From: slawek on
How to remove all cells with "text" style, i.e. strip all comments from a
Mathematica notebook?

TIA
slawek

From: Bill Rowe on
On 7/28/10 at 7:25 AM, slawek(a)host.pl (slawek) wrote:

>How to remove all cells with "text" style, i.e. strip all comments
>from a Mathematica notebook?

With the front end running on Mac OS X, I can do the following:

opt-click when selecting any one "text" style cell. This causes
all cells with the same style in the notebook to be selected.

Now, I can delete all of the selected cells by simply using the
delete key.

I am sure there is a similar key stroke for other platforms to
select all cells of a given type. I simply don't know the
equivalent key strokes for other platforms.

From: Murray Eisenberg on
For a style of any kind (Text, Input, whatever): Alt-click one of the
cells and that will select all of the same style. Then delete.

I couldn't find that shortcut indicated in the Documentation Center. Did
I miss it?

--
Murray Eisenberg murray(a)math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.

From: David Reiss on
Here's an example of how to do this programmatically where nb is the
NOtebookObject of the ontebook in question:

NotebookFind[nb,"Text", All, CellStyle];
NotebookDelete[nb]

--David