From: Eric on
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the sheet name?
For example, the sheet is named 'Date", I would like to retrieve its name
into cell A1, does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric
From: new1 on
On 8 avr, 23:30, Eric <E...(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any suggestions on how to retrieve the sheet name?
> For example, the sheet is named 'Date", I would like to retrieve its name
> into cell A1, does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric

Hello,

You can write a macro that automaticly writes the active sheet name in
the A1 cell.
In VBA it can be coded like this :

Sub getSheetNameInA1()
ActiveSheet.Range("A1") .value=ActiveSheet.Name
End Sub

Caution: it will overload the previous data in cell "A1"
You can launch this macro via the "Tools / Macros menu"

Hope this helps

new1@[no/spam]realce.net
From: Dinomatic on
Hi Eric,

The the following...

=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,256)