From: Ben Finney on
steph_awk <stephane.larochelle(a)gmail.com> writes:

> I have been searching for quite some times without success.

Did you try the standard library?

> I have a python script that needs to start from command line and it
> should have a config file to fill out the detais (itis one program,
> and many possible configurations).

The 'ConfigParser' module in Python 2.x, or 'configparser' in Python 3.x
<URL:http://docs.python.org/library/configparser> reads Windows
INI-style configuration files into Python data structures.

> something as simple as PHP would be nice %> ./PHPscript -c configfile
>
> is there such a thing in Python?

For handling command-line arguments, see 'optparse'
<URL:http://docs.python.org/library/optparse> or 'getopt'
<URL:http://docs.python.org/library/getopt>.

A significant improvement is available in the 'argparse' module,
currently third-party <URL:http://pypi.python.org/pypi/argparse> but on
track for inclusion in the Python standard library
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0389/>.

--
\ “Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?” “Uh, I think so, |
`\ Brain, but we'll never get a monkey to use dental floss.” |