From: Joe User on
Is there a simple way to see the full path name (folder and file name) of an
open workbook?

From: Ed Ferrero on
Hi Joe,

=CELL("filename",A1)

Ed Ferrero
www.edferrero.com

From: Gord Dibben on
Where do you want to see this?

If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name if the bar.

On the Title Bar?

Add this code to Thisworkbook module.

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
ActiveWindow.Caption = ActiveWorkbook.FullName
End Sub

Application.Caption = ""
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

From: Joe User on
"Gord Dibben" <gorddibbATshawDOTca> wrote:
> If you display the Web Toolbar you will see path and name

Thanks. That will do nicely.

> On the Title Bar?

Yeah, that's my preference. But it's not worth creating a Workbook_Open
macro just for this unless I want to apply it to all Excel files that I
open. Not sure if I do.

However....

> Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean)
> Application.Caption = ""
> End Sub

Why bother? Just good practice to restore the default, for example if I
only want to apply this to one workbook, but not others open subsequently in
the same Excel instance? Just to show me how, in case I wanted to? (Good
idea.) Or is this an Excel requirement?(!)

From: Gord Dibben on
Not necessary to have the BeforeClose event.

Other workbooks opened subsequently will not have the full path.

Gord