From: LAM on
HI
Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set Locks
to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows actualy, have
triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql Server Database
Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun your statement when
there are fewer users...."

I appreciate all your wise suggestions.

LAM

From: Erland Sommarskog on
LAM (luism0@(arroba)yahoo.es) writes:
> Under SQLServer2005 Advanced Properties - Parallelism, I need to set
> Locks to zero (0) because I suspect that 5000 locks that it shows
> actualy, have triggered the following error: "the instance of the sql
> Server Database Engine cannot obtain a LOKC resource at this time. Rerun
> your statement when there are fewer users...."

EXEC sp_configure 'locks', 0; RECONFIGURE

But I think you are looking in the wrong column; when I run sp_configure
(without parameters), I see 5000 in the locks column.

Then again, that would mean that you have a bigger problem...

Books Online for SQL Server 2005 at
Books Online for SQL Server 2000 at
From: LAM on
Thanks a lot, after execute this sp and restart the server, all processes
worked fine !

LAM