From: Matthew Garrett on
As far as the ACPI video driver goes, acpi_get_physical_pci_device()
will give you something to work with. For the console-switching case, I
think the most reasonable plan is probably to add a flag to the console
drivers to indicate whether or not they support reprogramming the
hardware themselves, and then walk all active console drivers. There'd
need to be a way for fb drivers to tell fbcon that they can handle it.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(a)srcf.ucam.org
From: Matthew Garrett on
On Wed, Mar 10, 2010 at 10:15:26PM +0100, Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 March 2010, Matthew Garrett wrote:
> > As far as the ACPI video driver goes, acpi_get_physical_pci_device()
> > will give you something to work with.
>
> Hmm. Did you mean acpi_get_physical_device()?

Ah, no, acpi_get_pci_dev.

> Which acpi_device should I call that for?

The video one. acpi_video_bus_check does something very similar to check
whether the device actually exists.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59(a)srcf.ucam.org