From: Kevin Bailey on
Hi,

I need to test the move of a mailing list to another server.

What I'd like to do is to stop the Postfix server on the new server from
sending out any mails but still put them into the queue.

I could then test the mail list (which actually only has 43 members) and
then see what emails appear in the queue. The I want to be able to
delete all those mails - and then re-enable the Postfix server.

Any pointers gratefully received.
--
*Kevin Bailey*
Director/Programmer - Freeway Projects Limited
From: vijay ahire on
Hiee Kevin

if you set this option - disable_dns_lookups = yes

ur postfix will stop sending mail

but it will continue recieveing mails

whenever you want to send the messages you can comment this line and then
resstart postfix..
it will start delivering

just give a try.

--
Regards
Vijay Ahire

(¨`·.·´¨) Always
`·.¸(¨`·.·´¨) Keep
(¨`·.·´¨)¸.·´ Smiling!
`·.¸.·´

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 12:49:49AM +0530, vijay ahire wrote:

> Hiee Kevin
>
> if you set this option - disable_dns_lookups = yes
>
> ur postfix will stop sending mail
>
> but it will continue recieveing mails

This is wrong.

--
Viktor.

From: Dhiraj Chatpar on
Hi,

What is the right solution to achieve this?

Rgds
Dhiraj

Pablo Picasso<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/p/pablo_picasso.html>
- "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers."

From: Wietse Venema on
Kevin Bailey:
> Hi,
>
> I need to test the move of a mailing list to another server.
>
> What I'd like to do is to stop the Postfix server on the new server from
> sending out any mails but still put them into the queue.
>
> I could then test the mail list (which actually only has 43 members) and
> then see what emails appear in the queue. The I want to be able to
> delete all those mails - and then re-enable the Postfix server.
>
> Any pointers gratefully received.

Postfix 2.6 and later:
# postconf -e master_service_disable=qmgr
# postfix reload

Older Postfix:
Comment out the queue manager in master.cf and do "postfix reload".

You didn't say that you want to continue other mail deliveries.

Wietse