From: Slobodan Blazeski on
Suppose I have a package
(defpackage #:foo (:use :cl))
(in-package #:foo)

(defun triple (x) (* 3 x))

Triple is an internal for the foo package. Then I have a package foo-
test.
(defpackage #:foo-test (:use :cl :foo :some-test-library))
(in-package #:foo-test)

How do you write tests for internal symbols such as triple? Do you
prefix them or import them into the test package?

Slobodan

From: Tamas K Papp on
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 10:10:32 -0800, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:

> Suppose I have a package
> (defpackage #:foo (:use :cl))
> (in-package #:foo)
>
> (defun triple (x) (* 3 x))
>
> Triple is an internal for the foo package. Then I have a package foo-
> test.
> (defpackage #:foo-test (:use :cl :foo :some-test-library)) (in-package
> #:foo-test)
>
> How do you write tests for internal symbols such as triple? Do you
> prefix them or import them into the test package?

Either way is fine, choose what is convenient. I usually import
the internal symbols I need into unit-test packages.

Tamas
From: Mirko on
On Mar 6, 1:10 pm, Slobodan Blazeski <slobodan.blaze...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> Suppose I have a package
> (defpackage  #:foo (:use :cl))
> (in-package #:foo)
>
> (defun triple (x) (* 3 x))
>
> Triple is an internal for the foo package. Then I have a package foo-
> test.
> (defpackage  #:foo-test (:use :cl :foo :some-test-library))
> (in-package #:foo-test)
>
> How do you write tests for internal symbols  such as triple? Do you
> prefix them or import them into the test package?
>
> Slobodan

So far I have been using lisp-unit only. In addition for correctness,
I use the unit-testing file to test symbol exports as well. Thus, to
test unexported symbols, I have to prefix them. This off-course, will
not flag an erroneously exported symbol.

Mirko