From: taninux on
Hi,

installing Slackware 13.0, I make the USB boot disk as proposed by the
stantard setup program.

Then, I upgraded the kernel and I would update the recovery USB boot
disk, but makebootdisk ask me for the floppy not for the USB flash
disk.

Is there an equivalent program o method to do the boot disk on USB
flash device ?

Thanks.

From: Sylvain Robitaille on
taninux wrote:

> ... I upgraded the kernel and I would update the recovery USB boot
> disk, but makebootdisk ask me for the floppy not for the USB flash
> disk.
>
> Is there an equivalent program o method to do the boot disk on USB
> flash device ?

It seems to me that what you want is
/var/log/setup/setup.80.make-bootdisk, which is the script that created
your USB boot-disk at installation time.

Sylvain Robitaille syl(a)encs.concordia.ca

Systems analyst / AITS Concordia University
Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science Montreal, Quebec, Canada
From: taninux on
On 23 Apr, 19:29, Sylvain Robitaille <s...(a)alcor.concordia.ca> wrote:
> It seems to me that what you want is
> /var/log/setup/setup.80.make-bootdisk, which is the script that created
> your USB boot-disk at installation time.

Thank you very much, I had never look at this directory :-(

Taninux
From: greymausg on
On 2010-04-23, taninux <taninux(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> installing Slackware 13.0, I make the USB boot disk as proposed by the
> stantard setup program.
>
> Then, I upgraded the kernel and I would update the recovery USB boot
> disk, but makebootdisk ask me for the floppy not for the USB flash
> disk.
>
> Is there an equivalent program o method to do the boot disk on USB
> flash device ?
>
> Thanks.

According to the instructions in /usb-and-pxe-installers, enter
that directory, run `dd if=usbboot.img of=(whatever your usb is
deviced under? /dev/sdb?) bs=512'

For a real thrill, realize that you have pointed the dd at your boot
device!.

--
greymaus
..