From: no.top.post on
My old box runs mandrake-9.
I tested this usb-CD/DVD r/w on FC1 [on the same box] which
is newer than Mandrake-9, and it works ok to burn a dir-tree to
a CD and play music CD's via a 'panel/icon'.

What application of mandrake can do this too ?

== TIA.

From: Aragorn on
On Sunday 20 December 2009 17:27 in alt.os.linux.mandrake, somebody
identifying as no.top.post(a)gmail.com wrote...

> My old box runs mandrake-9.
> I tested this usb-CD/DVD r/w on FC1 [on the same box] which
> is newer than Mandrake-9, and it works ok to burn a dir-tree to
> a CD and play music CD's via a 'panel/icon'.
>
> What application of mandrake can do this too ?

K3B, for one. Xcdroast might also do the trick for you.

--
*Aragorn*
(registered GNU/Linux user #223157)
From: unruh on
On 2009-12-20, no.top.post(a)gmail.com <no.top.post(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> My old box runs mandrake-9.
> I tested this usb-CD/DVD r/w on FC1 [on the same box] which
> is newer than Mandrake-9, and it works ok to burn a dir-tree to
> a CD and play music CD's via a 'panel/icon'.
>
> What application of mandrake can do this too ?

The same one.
From: Jim Beard on
no.top.post(a)gmail.com wrote:
> My old box runs mandrake-9.
> I tested this usb-CD/DVD r/w on FC1 [on the same box] which
> is newer than Mandrake-9, and it works ok to burn a dir-tree to
> a CD and play music CD's via a 'panel/icon'.
>
> What application of mandrake can do this too ?

I am not sure what you want to do.

K3B, Brasero, and some other things will burn music or data to a
CD or DVD. These are front-ends to software such as cdrecord
that does the actual work.

K3B, grip, sound-juicer and some other things will rip CDs and
DVDs containing music, data, video, etc.

Amarok, Rhythmbox, Audacious2, and Juk are fairly elaborate music
players, that handle playlists, search of the Internet for
lyrics, cover images, and wiki info on artists, etc. Audacious
does midi. There are some simpler ones such as KsCD and alsaplayer.

And some work in combination. I call up Amarok and K3B, and drag
and drop songs from the Amarok playlist to the K3B audio project,
and when K3B tells me I am out of space on the CD I burn it.

Cheers!

jim b.

--
UNIX is not user unfriendly; it merely