From: cahlucas on
Hi there,

After creating a library with a bad '$CONFIG' program, my HP-50g will
no longer boot.
The on-a-f key combination, along with the reset button will also not
work.
Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance. With kind regards,
Karel.

From: TW on
Hold down the backspace key during boot. Delete the bad library.

TW
From: MACH on
On 18 mayo, 13:50, cahlu...(a)planet.nl wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> After creating a library with a bad '$CONFIG' program, my HP-50g will
> no longer boot.
> The on-a-f key combination, along with the reset button will also not
> work.
> Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance. With kind regards,
> Karel.

Hi!, Karel:

If after a library is installed in port 0 or 1, one might clear the
memory to restore the calculator to normal operation. However, if the
program is installed in port 2 (flash), there is no easy way to do
this.

For this reason, HP set up ignore all libraries if the backspace key
is held down while warmstarting. Holding down the backspace key
usually allows the calculator to be started normally, so the offending
library can be easily removed.

This probably is generally caused by installing a corrupted library,
either because it was corrupted in transfer, was not written properly,
or was written for other calculator; p.e. HP48S/HP48G series.

Best Regards.
MACH.
From: Gurveer on
On May 18, 10:50 am, cahlu...(a)planet.nl wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> After creating a library with a bad '$CONFIG' program, my HP-50g will
> no longer boot.
> The on-a-f key combination, along with the reset button will also not
> work.
> Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance. With kind regards,
> Karel.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago.

What my problem was that my calculator would not let me bypass a
program which was written as $CONFIG program for a library that I
created, thus, running that program on every reboot (no matter if it
was a coldstart or a warmstart).

Well, Tim suggested me to hold down + and - keys with the paperclip
being stuck in Reset hole. After around 10-15 seconds, it should
prompt you to update the flash. Update the ROM and get rid off the bad
library.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/4f9510d0dee37df7/e1f90942bba76030?q=#e1f90942bba76030

Regards,

Gurveer