From: Hans on
When trying to solve a differential equation in Mathematica I got

Hypergeometric2F1[1,-(rho/A), 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]

as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge about hypergeometric functions. Can anybody (maybe some Mathematica Guru's) tell me whether it is possible to turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if so how this can be done?

Thanks,

Hans
From: Torsten Hennig on
> When trying to solve a differential equation in
> Mathematica I got
>
> Hypergeometric2F1[1,-(rho/A),
> 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]
>
> as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge about
> hypergeometric functions. Can anybody (maybe some
> Mathematica Guru's) tell me whether it is possible to
> turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if so
> how this can be done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Hans

http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/Hypergeometric2F1/02/01/

Best wishes
Torsten.
From: Torsten Hennig on
> > When trying to solve a differential equation in
> > Mathematica I got
> >
> > Hypergeometric2F1[1,-(rho/A),
> > 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]
> >
> > as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge about
> > hypergeometric functions. Can anybody (maybe some
> > Mathematica Guru's) tell me whether it is possible
> > turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if
> so
> > how this can be done?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Hans
>
> http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/H
> ypergeometric2F1/02/01/
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

According to this definition, it seems that your
function can be simplified to
f(t) = rho/A/(rho/A-1)*
exp(-exp(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA)

Best wishes
Torsten.
From: Torsten Hennig on
> > > When trying to solve a differential equation in
> > > Mathematica I got
> > >
> > > Hypergeometric2F1[1,-(rho/A),
> > > 1-(rho/A),-e^(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA]
> > >
> > > as an output. Unfortunately I lack knowledge
> about
> > > hypergeometric functions. Can anybody (maybe
> some
> > > Mathematica Guru's) tell me whether it is
> possible
> > > turn this output into a 'normal' equation and if
> > so
> > > how this can be done?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Hans
> >

> http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/H
>
> > ypergeometric2F1/02/01/
> >
> > Best wishes
> > Torsten.
>
> According to this definition, it seems that your
> function can be simplified to
> f(t) = rho/A/(rho/A-1)*
> exp(-exp(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA)
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

No, sorry, (a)_k, (b)_k and (c)_k also depend on k.
So it doesn't seem possible to write the infinite sum
in an easier way.

Best wishes
Torsten.
From: mjc on
On Aug 12, 1:28 am, Torsten Hennig <Torsten.Hen...(a)umsicht.fhg.de>
wrote:

> > about
> > some
> > possible
> > > so

> >http://functions.wolfram.com/HypergeometricFunctions/H
>
> > > ypergeometric2F1/02/01/
>
> > > Best wishes
> > > Torsten.
>
> > According to this definition, it seems that your
> > function can be simplified to
> > f(t) = rho/A/(rho/A-1)*
> > exp(-exp(A*t-C[1])*epsilon*lambdaA)
>
> > Best wishes
> > Torsten.
>
> No, sorry, (a)_k, (b)_k and (c)_k also depend on k.
> So it doesn't seem possible to write the infinite sum
> in an easier way.
>
> Best wishes
> Torsten.

What was the DE you wanted to solve?