From: Neil Humphries on
I have created hyperlinks to Word documents and templates in Excel. Clicking
the hyperlinks causes the templates to open in Word for editting. I need to
have the templates open new documents based on the templates. How can I do
this?

From: H�ctor Miguel on
hi, Neil !

> I have created hyperlinks to Word documents and templates in Excel.
> Clicking the hyperlinks causes the templates to open in Word for editting.
> I need to have the templates open new documents based on the templates.
> How can I do this?

create shortcuts (.lnk) to the template document and hyperlink to that shortcut
see -> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278627

hth,
hector.