From: paddy1972 on
I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3
installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I
look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error
code 39) when i try to install the driver again.

Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but
nothing has helped.

Thanks in advance.
From: Mike S on
On 6/17/2010 2:52 PM, paddy1972 wrote:

> I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3
> installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I
> look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error
> code 39) when i try to install the driver again.
>
> Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but
> nothing has helped.
>
> Thanks in advance.

what is the make and model of the adapter?

did you try to download and install a driver for it?

if you already installed an updated driver did you try rolling back to
the previously installed driver?
From: Mark Adams on

"paddy1972" wrote:

> I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3
> installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I
> look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error
> code 39) when i try to install the driver again.
>
> Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but
> nothing has helped.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Did you install the driver from the CD that came with the wireless adapter,
or did you download the driver from the website of the maker of the adapter?
Did you follow the driver installation instructions in the manual or on the
disk that came with the adapter? Some pieces of hardware need to be attached
before installing the driver, others need to have the driver installed first.
What does your manual say?