From: paddy1972 on

From: Mike S on
On 6/19/2010 2:42 PM, paddy1972 wrote:

> "Mike S" wrote:
>
>> On 6/17/2010 2:52 PM, paddy1972 wrote:
>>>
>>> I've recently put a fresh installation of XP on my computer. It has SP3
>>> installed as well. It recognises the adapter but it just doesn't work. When I
>>> look in device manager I see an exclamation mark beside it. I also get (error
>>> code 39) when i try to install the driver again.
>>>
>>> Please help me, I've trawled through the internet looking for help but
>>> nothing has helped.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> what is the make and model of the adapter?
>>
>> did you try to download and install a driver for it?
>>
>> if you already installed an updated driver did you try rolling back to
>> the previously installed driver?
>> .
>> I had the driver cd along with the adapter. I put the adapter in first, as the manual instructed. I then loaded the cd and installed the driver. The thing was that the "add new hardware" wizard did not start automtically. Like I said, it's a fresh installation. So, I maybe need to change a setting or something. I know that that is highly unlikely. :-/

TP-Link model number?
From: Rey Santos on
Error Code 39
Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be
corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Windows XP
Professional
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310123

Try cleaning your cd or download the driver from the manufacturer's website.

--
Rey