From: Zooko O'Whielacronx on
Folks:

I have been (I admit it) a Python 3 skeptic. I even speculated that
the Python 3 backward-incompatibility would lead to the obsolescence
of Python:

http://pubgrid.tahoe-lafs.org/uri/URI:DIR2-RO:ixqhc4kdbjxc7o65xjnveoewym:5x6lwoxghrd5rxhwunzavft2qygfkt27oj3fbxlq4c6p45z5uneq/blog.html

However, things are really looking up now because it turns out that it
is eminently practical to support both Python 2 and Python 3 with a
single codebase.

There have been some recent discussions about that on this list. A few