From: DaveC on
I've been searching the net for a comprehensive list of drawings of IC
packages, specifically, all things "SO" (ie, SO, SOP, TSOP, SSOP, TVSOP,
etc.). What does come up are lists of packages, but no drawings.

I need to have dimensions listed as well, similar to what is typically
provided in datasheets.

Thanks.

From: Baron on
DaveC Inscribed thus:

> I've been searching the net for a comprehensive list of drawings of IC
> packages, specifically, all things "SO" (ie, SO, SOP, TSOP, SSOP,
> TVSOP, etc.). What does come up are lists of packages, but no
> drawings.
>
> I need to have dimensions listed as well, similar to what is typically
> provided in datasheets.
>
> Thanks.

Thats your answer, grab the data sheets. ;-)

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
From: Nico Coesel on
DaveC <invalid(a)invalid.net> wrote:

>I've been searching the net for a comprehensive list of drawings of IC
>packages, specifically, all things "SO" (ie, SO, SOP, TSOP, SSOP, TVSOP,
>etc.). What does come up are lists of packages, but no drawings.
>
>I need to have dimensions listed as well, similar to what is typically
>provided in datasheets.

Some semiconductor manufacturers also provide package drawings. IIRC
NXP is one of them.

nico(a)nctdevpuntnl (punt=.)
From: Johnny5 on
On Jun 9, 1:29 pm, DaveC <inva...(a)invalid.net> wrote:
> I've been searching the net for a comprehensive list of drawings of IC
> packages, specifically, all things "SO" (ie, SO, SOP, TSOP, SSOP, TVSOP,
> etc.). What does come up are lists of packages, but no drawings.
>
> I need to have dimensions listed as well, similar to what is typically
> provided in datasheets.
>
> Thanks.

This is good.

http://www.fairchildsemi.com/packaging/

Dan
From: DaveC on
>> Thats your answer, grab the data sheets. ;-)

> That's what I resort to, although it really would be nice if there was a
> one stop shop of package drawings or dimensions. There are so many
> different packages now that I can't keep track of them all.

For example this datasheet has 5 different package drawings that it calls
"Small Outline Package", all with different dimensions:

<http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/sn74hct244.pdf>

Isn't the idea of a package "name" supposed be a single identity including
dimensions (differing, of course, in length, to accommodate different pin
counts)?

From the same manufacturer, no less...

Thanks,
Dave