From: Daniel Brown on
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 13:29, ELY M. <sec(a)mboca.com> wrote:
> I did a search thru all places on php.net for moonrise and moonset
> functions or any comments about moonrise and moonset.
> I can not find anything about moonrise and moonset.
> I am not sure where to submit my ideas.
> I would like to suggest to php developers to add in the moonrise and
> moonset functions.
> I think the moonrise and moonset functions should be added in php.
> date_moonrise
> date_moonset
> date_moon_info
> those functions would be great to have in future version of php.

Do it as a feature request at http://bugs.php.net/ and we'll look
into it. In related matters, I just approved a user note with a code
snippet example for sunrise and sunset.

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Network Infrastructure Manager
From: "Daniel P. Brown" on
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 14:14, Bob McConnell <rvm(a)cbord.com> wrote:

> It would also require both latitude and longitude input parameters.
> Rough guess in temperate zones is that for each 250 miles you move west,
> it delays the event by 15 minutes. But when you get within 22 degrees of
> a pole, the event may not occur for days, or weeks, or ...

Yeah, but unfortunately those places are sometimes rather
difficult to visit, which is rather unfortunate. I have four decades
worth of things to shove "where the sun don't shine," by order of
various folks.

By the way --- I realized moments after my previous reply that the
OP is actually the snippet submitter I mentioned in thread, and you
can see his work on the date_sun_info() function's manual page here:

http://php.net/date_sun_info

With a direct link to his submission here:

http://php.net/manual/en/function.date-sun-info.php#100332

--
</Daniel P. Brown>
Dedicated Servers, Cloud and Cloud Hybrid Solutions, VPS, Hosting

Pages: 1
Prev: What other languages do you use?