From: Andrew Poulos on
I'm using window.open to open a new window.

var str = "...resizable=1,scrollbars=yes";
var win = window.open("index.htm", "course", str);

and all is well and good, except that IE displays a vertical scroll bar
even though the content fits within the browser window.

If I set "scrollbars=no" then if the user zooms in no scroll bars appear
if the size of the content exceeds the size of the window.

How can I set it so that an un-needed vertical scroll bar does not
appear in IE but that scroll bars do appear if the size of the content
makes it necessary?

Andrew Poulos

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Andrew Poulos wrote:

> How can I set it so that an un-needed vertical scroll bar does not
> appear in IE but that scroll bars do appear if the size of the content
> makes it necessary?

You can't. However, in Compatibility Mode you can change the scrollbar
color so that a disabled scrollbar does not look that obtrusive. This has
nothing to do with window.open(), nothing to do with scripting. And it has
been discussed ad nauseam.

PointedEars
--
realism: HTML 4.01 Strict