From: Paul on
Anybody know how to write a formula for a statement involving "if" and "or"
statements such as:

if (cell x=? and (cell y=? or cell z=?)) then cell Q=? or blank
From: Tom Hutchins on
In general terms:
=IF(AND(X=?,OR(Y=?,Z=?)),?,"")
This formula would have to be in cell Q

An example with actual cells:
=IF(AND(A1=10,OR(A2=15,A3=20)),100,"")
This formula must be in the cell to which the result should be returned. A
formula can't "reach out" and put a value in another cell; it just returns a
value to the cell that has the formula.

Please note that a formula can return an empty string "" which makes it
appear empty, but it is not actually blank (it contains the formula).

Hope this helps,

Hutch

From: trip_to_tokyo on
EXCEL 2007

Here is the syntax you require:-

=IF(OR(D5="Finance",D5="Training"),100,20)

You need to adpat the above to your needs.

The above says that if cell D5 is Finance or Training then 100 otherwise 20.

Thanks.

From: Pete_UK on
Try this:

=IF(AND(A1=1,OR(A2=2,A3=3)),"Q","")

Next time give proper cell references rather than "cell x".

Hope this helps.

Pete

From: Luke M on
Example formula:

=IF(AND(A1=2,OR(A2=3,A3=3)),TRUE,FALSE)

The OR and AND function contain their arguements.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M