Prev: aaa
Next: tax refund
From: Syed Zeeshan Haider on
Hello Everybody,
I am working in Excel 2003 with two lists, dates and prices in columns A and
B respectively.
I am trying to use IF worksheet function to find if any prices in the prices
column match a certain figure (say $24), if a match is found I want to
return a corresponding date from the adjacent column, i.e. column A.

For example, if I am searching for $24 in prices list and it is found in B37
then I want to return the date from A37.

Is it possible? If yes then how? Despite my years of extensive experience
with Excel, I haven't been able to figure that out.

Thank you,
--
Syed Zeeshan Haider

From: Tom van Stiphout on
On Thu, 27 May 2010 00:59:37 -0400, "Syed Zeeshan Haider"
<mail(a)me.not> wrote:

Good question for an Excel forum. This one is about the Microsoft
Access database product.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

From: Syed Zeeshan Haider on
OOoops! Sorry. Unintentional mistake. I was looking for my question in an
Excel forum for last 30 seconds.

Have a nice day!

"Tom van Stiphout" <tom7744.no.spam(a)cox.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 May 2010 00:59:37 -0400, "Syed Zeeshan Haider"
> <mail(a)me.not> wrote:
>
> Good question for an Excel forum. This one is about the Microsoft
> Access database product.
>
> -Tom.
> Microsoft Access MVP
>

>>Hello Everybody,
>>I am working in Excel 2003 with two lists, dates and prices in columns A
>>and
>>B respectively.
>>I am trying to use IF worksheet function to find if any prices in the
>>prices
>>column match a certain figure (say $24), if a match is found I want to
>>return a corresponding date from the adjacent column, i.e. column A.
>>
>>For example, if I am searching for $24 in prices list and it is found in
>>B37
>>then I want to return the date from A37.
>>
>>Is it possible? If yes then how? Despite my years of extensive experience
>>with Excel, I haven't been able to figure that out.
>>
>>Thank you,

Pages: 1
Prev: aaa
Next: tax refund