From: Valerie on
I am trying to match departments which have two different titles. For
example, there are 50 departments that are futher classified into 150
sub-departments. I do have the data showing departments and their
corresponding sub-departments in two columns. On another sheet there are
only sub-departments and I need to assign the corresponding department name.
I have tried IF and SumIf but neither works. Basically, I need a formula to
match the text and bring back the text for the sub-department.
Thank you.
From: dlw on
sounds like you need VLOOKUP