From: RW on
My installation is not recognizing that IIS is loded and/or enabled. Anyone
know of why this would be happening. The computer is Windows 7 64-bit and I
installed the 64 bit verion of SQL Server. The RS option is greyed out when
I try to insall.
--
RW
From: Bruce L-C [MVP] on
IIS is not running by default with Windows 7. You have to configure windows
7 to have IIS. Without IIS RS 2005 will not install. Do you have the option
of using SQL 2008/RS 2008. RS 2008 does not use IIS.

--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services

From: RW on
No I am stuck with SQL 2005. Windows does show the IIS service as running.
The ASP.net service is also running. I have ran IISReset and still no luck.
Seems like a simple problem but I cannot find the solution. How do I
"configure" Windows 7 to use IIS?
--
RW

From: Bruce L-C [MVP] on
I have installed RS 2008 with Windows 7 but not RS 2005. Setup must not be
seeing IIS.

My suggestion is to go to the windows forum and try posting there. There is
a lot more traffic and maybe someone has installed RS 2005 in Windows 7.

From: Kwai-Chang-Caine on
Even though your IIS machine may be working properly, RS2005 won't be able to
see it. It'll never know its there when it attempts to query for it. This
is due to changes between IIS 6 and IIS 7.

To quickly fix the problem, just go to go to Server Manager\Roles\Web Server
(IIS ) and be sure all the roles are added. (all aren't necessary though).
Once you have your RS/2005 installed, you can back out the roles that aren't
needed (eg. ftp, asp, etc... ) .

You really must have these enabled though (at a min ) - Management Tools (all
) ..especially IIS 6 Management Compatibility (and sub cats ) as well as
Management services.

Just select all the roles for now and you'll be ok ...