From: jwm on
Beliavsky wrote:
> jwm wrote:
> > nakisa wrote:
> > > hi every body
> > > i am new in fortran and want to use library .
> > > but i don't know how i can start it form fortran workspace ( i use
> > > compaq visual fortran 6.5) .
> > > am i need to laod something ??
> > > best,nakisa
> >
> > As I remember, you need to have a professional edition of CVF installed
> > in order to have access to the IMSL libraries. After that, you can
> > access ALL the IMSL routines through the "USE IMSL" statement.
>
> use numerical_libraries
>
> has been what I use with CVF and Intel Visual Fortran.

As to CVF, "USE IMSL" covers "NUMERICAL_LIBRARIES" as well as other
useful things like linear solvers and operators (to do things like "x =
A .ix. b" and so on).

IVF is a completely different thing, since you can actually restrict
the use of modules (e.g., "USE GMRES_INT" if that's all you need), and
you have access to f90-like interfaces.