From: PremiumBlend on
Hello,

Sometime over the past two years John Meyers posted
something that discussed using "{" as an INPUT object
for the INPUT command. I just spent the last 30 minutes
trying to find the post in the archives but I can't find it.
Would someone be kind enough to post the link?

Mark
From: Bruce Horrocks on
On 22/04/2010 23:39, PremiumBlend wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sometime over the past two years John Meyers posted
> something that discussed using "{" as an INPUT object
> for the INPUT command. I just spent the last 30 minutes
> trying to find the post in the archives but I can't find it.
> Would someone be kind enough to post the link?
>
> Mark

This one?
<http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/750dbe3d431fad4b?hl=en>

--
Bruce Horrocks
Surrey
From: PremiumBlend on
On Apr 22, 6:56 pm, Bruce Horrocks <07....(a)scorecrow.com> wrote:
> On 22/04/2010 23:39, PremiumBlend wrote:
>
> > Hello,
>
> > Sometime over the past two years John Meyers posted
> > something that discussed using "{" as an INPUT object
> > for the INPUT command. I just spent the last 30 minutes
> > trying to find the post in the archives but I can't find it.
> > Would someone be kind enough to post the link?
>
> > Mark
>
> This one?
> <http://groups.google.co.uk/group/comp.sys.hp48/msg/750dbe3d431fad4b?h...>
>
> --
> Bruce Horrocks
> Surrey
> England
> (bruce at scorecrow dot com)

Yes. Thanks!
From: John H Meyers on
Found this replacement in my calculator
for INPUT STR\-> (but always returning a single list):

\<< -55 CF { V } + 0 DO DROP DUP2 IFERR INPUT THEN
DROP2 DROP2 ERRN DOERR END "{" SWAP + "}" + STR\->
UNTIL DUP SIZE END ROT ROT DROP2 \>> 'INPUTL' STO

Something to make use of it:

\<< "Volume of a box" { { 1 0 }
":L:
:W:
:H:" } INPUTL LIST\-> \-> d
\<< d DUPN WHILE 'd' DECR REPEAT * END \>>
"Vol" \->TAG \>> 'Box' STO

Note that during INPUT,
two consecutive presses of ON/Cancel will terminate the program,
but if you only press once (clearing all text) and then ENTER,
the original input form "regenerates" itself, just like "Doctor Who"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Who
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw
http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/123/doctor-who-classic-doctors.jsp

[r->] [OFF]

From: PremiumBlend on
On Apr 25, 1:12 pm, John H Meyers <jhmey...(a)nomail.invalid> wrote:
> Found this replacement in my calculator
> for INPUT STR\-> (but always returning a single list):
>
> \<< -55 CF { V } + 0 DO DROP DUP2 IFERR INPUT THEN
> DROP2 DROP2 ERRN DOERR END "{" SWAP + "}" + STR\->
> UNTIL DUP SIZE END ROT ROT DROP2 \>> 'INPUTL' STO
>
> Something to make use of it:
>
> \<< "Volume of a box" { { 1 0 }
> ":L:
> :W:
> :H:" } INPUTL LIST\-> \-> d
> \<< d DUPN WHILE 'd' DECR REPEAT * END \>>
> "Vol" \->TAG \>> 'Box' STO
>
> Note that during INPUT,
> two consecutive presses of ON/Cancel will terminate the program,
> but if you only press once (clearing all text) and then ENTER,
> the original input form "regenerates" itself, just like "Doctor Who"
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Whohttp://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dwhttp://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/doctor-who/http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/123/doctor-who-classic-doctors.jsp
>
> [r->] [OFF]

> \<< -55 CF { V } + 0 DO DROP DUP2 IFERR INPUT THEN
> DROP2 DROP2 ERRN DOERR END "{" SWAP + "}" + STR\->
> UNTIL DUP SIZE END ROT ROT DROP2 \>>

I'm gettting a checksum of # D964h, 117.5 bytes for this.

> \<< "Volume of a box" { { 1 0 }
> ":L:
> :W:
> :H:" } INPUTL LIST\-> \-> d
> \<< d DUPN WHILE 'd' DECR REPEAT * END \>>
> "Vol" \->TAG \>>

Can you give me a checksum and byte count for this? I proof
read the code but I keep getting "Error: Invalid Dimension" with
"Volume of a box" in stack level one. I used new line characters
to separate :L: from :W: and :W: from :H: .