From: Rob Christiansen on
Thanks for your help. I MUST SAY YOU GUYS REALLY KNOW YOUR STUFF! You
write very eligant code, though for a +/- beginner like me, rather
confusing.
OK, so that takes care of the date-type. Now what about the 2 floats,
fdebit and fcredit? Do those have to be treated specially?

crazyswede

From: Evertjan. on
Rob Christiansen wrote on 16 apr 2010 in comp.lang.javascript:

[please always quote on usenet, this is not email]

> Thanks for your help. I MUST SAY YOU GUYS REALLY KNOW YOUR STUFF! You
> write very eligant code, though for a +/- beginner like me, rather
> confusing.
> OK, so that takes care of the date-type. Now what about the 2 floats,
> fdebit and fcredit? Do those have to be treated specially?

Just write the number with the decimal part,
as used in VBS or Javascript.

// javascript example
var aNumber = 23.5489;
sql = "UPDATE .... aNumberfield = " + aNumber + " ...."

// Always test the sql first before execution:

Response.write(sql); Response.end; // remerk this line when you are happy.
var result = Connect.execute(sql);

--
Evertjan.
The Netherlands.