From: Walle Wallen on
It still happens, but very rarely... The bot kicks in again if I write
anything in the window($stdin).
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

//Walle

From: Roger Pack on
Walle Wallen wrote:
> It still happens, but very rarely... The bot kicks in again if I write
> anything in the window($stdin).
> Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Yeah I think it's a generic "problem" of TCP. If the other side has
closed the socket (or died, or been rebooted), and you never write
anything to the socket, you will never learn it is closed until the next
time you write something.

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Programming/Reference/Objects/Socket#keepalive

From: Walle Wallen on
Roger Pack wrote:
> Walle Wallen wrote:
>> It still happens, but very rarely... The bot kicks in again if I write
>> anything in the window($stdin).
>> Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
>
> Yeah I think it's a generic "problem" of TCP. If the other side has
> closed the socket (or died, or been rebooted), and you never write
> anything to the socket, you will never learn it is closed until the next
> time you write something.
>
> http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Programming/Reference/Objects/Socket#keepalive

Oh, okey.
Thank you for the insight.