From: Elmer Fudd on
David H. Lipman wrote:

> Not what i meant :-(
>
> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/02/beijings-top-in/

Ah, got you now. Never heard about that either but it doesn't surprise
me in the least either.
From: David H. Lipman on
From: "Elmer Fudd" <em(a)invalid.invalid>

| David H. Lipman wrote:

>> Not what i meant :-(

>> http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2009/02/beijings-top-in/

| Ah, got you now. Never heard about that either but it doesn't surprise
| me in the least either.

:-)

--
Dave

From: siljaline on
Softpedia interviews MBAM Prez >
<http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-Plays-Dead-126389.shtml>

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Dustin Cook on
ASCII <me(a)privacy.net> wrote in news:4af89ace.1110046(a)EBCDIC:

> siljaline wrote:
>>Softpedia interviews MBAM Prez >
>><http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-Plays-Dead-1
>>26389.shtml>
>>
>>Silj
>
> Interesting that as many times as occurred in the interview, Softpedia
> referred to virus and antivirus companies, not once did Marcin correct
> or dispute that. At least according to the virus coder RaiD (Dustin
> Cook) now employed as a researcher by Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, it
> isn't, nor tries to be, antivirus.

ex, thanks. As in, retired; 10 years and counting... Just to keep the
record, fair.. ya know.

MBAM is not a replacement for your antivirus; and we don't ever claim to
be. That's official company policy, not something I came up with. Again,
just to keep the record fair.

--
Dustin Cook [Malware Researcher]
MalwareBytes - http://www.malwarebytes.org
From: Stephen Howe on

>Most welcome - spread the word !

But does MalwareBytes claims stand up?
I am not doubting their veracity but it maybe that some other explanation accounts for what they observed.

I read
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Malwarebytes-Accuses-IObit-Plays-Dead-126389.shtml
and
http://blog.iobit.com/archives/95.html

and it does not seem conclusive.
IOBit might have done but they might not.
The evidence does not seem beyond reasonable doubt.

Cheers

Stephen Howe